Dentistry Reside: Smile in a Field for single dental implant restoration
Within the subsequent version of Dentistry Reside on 23 November at 7pm, Colin Burns focuses on a difficult case of dental trauma. The affected person suffered a extreme harm to their higher proper central incisor, resulting in an irreparable root fracture and the need of tooth extraction.
Colin will information us by way of the therapy course of, ranging from the preliminary use of a partial denture to the current extraction of the tooth. The case, deliberate below a Sort 2c protocol, concerned detailed CBCT and IOS scans, exhibiting appropriate bone quantity and a beneficial tissue biotype, regardless of the presence of an adjoining tooth with a porcelain veneer.
This session highlights the ‘Smile in A Field’ protocol, that includes the position of a Straumann BLT implant and, if mandatory, using Bio-Oss and Bio-Gide. Colin’s experience can be notably evident in managing the aesthetic challenges posed by the anterior zone and the presence of adjoining restorations.
Watch as Colin demonstrates shaping the gingival structure with a provisional crown and capturing the emergence profile for the ultimate ceramic crown. This method is vital to attaining optimum aesthetic outcomes and guaranteeing exact implant placement.
Don’t miss this chance to find out about cutting-edge strategies in anterior aesthetic implant dentistry. Submit your questions in the course of the broadcast and compete for a £50 Uber Eats voucher for the very best query!
- Analysis and Remedy Planning for Dental Trauma: Perceive the steps for assessing and planning therapy for traumatic dental accidents, together with CBCT and IOS scan evaluations.
- Implant Placement and Gentle Tissue Administration: Be taught the strategies for putting Straumann BLT implants utilizing the “Smile in A Field” protocol, and grasp shaping the gingival structure with a provisional crown.
- Digital Impression Strategies: Achieve proficiency in IOS Digital Impression strategies for capturing the emergence profile and creating remaining ceramic crowns in anterior implant dentistry.
Colin is a fellow of the Worldwide Crew for Implantology (ITI), a Straumann medical mentor, and ITI speaker, and is the chairman of the UK and Eire Part of the ITI. He’s additionally the director of the Glasgow ITI Research Membership.
Colin each locations and restores dental implants and supplies bone block grafting and sinus augmentation. His specific areas of curiosity are implant floor know-how, bone biology and bone regeneration, for which he achieved a MSc (with Benefit) in implant dentistry from the College of Warwick. He lectures extensively within the UK Europe, and past to dentists, nurses and dental technicians.
As well as, Colin is an honorary lecturer on the College of Central Lancashire. He’s additionally a instructing college member on the Campbell Academy, VSS, BAIRD Academy and ITI UK and Eire Basis Course.
Meet up with earlier On Demand webinars:
- WTF: What is the future? – …And where do I start?
- WTF? What is the future? – A brave new world driving behaviour change in oral healthcare teams
- WTF? What is the future? – Know your patient, change the outcome
- The journey of selling my dental practice
- Getting started with 3D printing.
Comply with Dentistry.co.uk on Instagram to maintain up with all the newest dental information and developments.