A case utilizing zirconia with a triple gradient of color, translucency and flexural energy, for extremely aesthetic outcomes.
The current case was made for a 55-year-old affected person with impaired pure dentition. The affected person requested the alternative of lacking tooth and a long-term, purposeful and aesthetic restoration.
For a very particular person outcome, the remedy was carried out primarily based on the 3D digital replica of the affected person, in keeping with Zirkonzahn’s workflow.
- Digital acquisition of the affected person’s oral state of affairs and extra-oral anatomy utilizing the PlaneFinder and the Face Hunter 3D facial scanner. The PlaneFinder is a part of the PlaneSystem, an progressive affected person information acquisition technique invented by MDT Udo Plaster in collaboration with Zirkonzahn to offer an alternative choice to facebows. This working strategy permits the dentist to amass the person place of the maxilla and occlusal aircraft by way of the acquisition of the affected person’s Pure Head Place (NHP) and to switch the info into the digital world 1:1 with no lack of info. Digital articulation within the Zirkonzahn.Scan software program, primarily based on the data acquired by way of the PlaneFinder
- Design of a mock-up for the higher and decrease jaws within the Zirkonzahn.Modifier software program and subsequent milling utilizing Multistratum Versatile, a high-performance resin perfect for long-term provisionals and prototypes, already supplied with pure color gradient. The 2 mock-ups have been produced for purposeful and aesthetic controls within the affected person’s mouth and to present the affected person a primary impression of the longer term aesthetics, growing additional his motivation for the remedy
- Design and manufacture of temporaries fabricated from Multistratum Versatile
- Planning of implant positions primarily based on the mock-ups and printing of the surgical information for implant placement. After therapeutic time, manufacturing of an implant provisional for conditioning the gingiva
- Design of the ultimate crowns within the Zirkonzahn.Modellier design software program. The crowns have been then milled within the M2 Teleskoper milling unit, geared up with extra-large Teleskoper Orbit Ø 125 mm. As a restorative materials, Prettau 3 Dispersive zirconia was chosen. This zirconia is good for monolithic or barely diminished restorations due to the Gradual-Triplex-Know-how idea, consisting in a triple gradient of color, translucency and flexural energy. The ultimate restoration exhibits a very translucent incisal edge, a better flexural energy in the direction of the tooth neck and a pure color gradient from dentine to enamel, for a really pure and aesthetic outcome
- For an much more particular person characterisation, utility of ICE Stains 3D by Enrico Steger and minimal veneering with Fresco Ceramics
- Gold-coloured anodising of the titanium bases utilizing the Titanium spectral-colouring Anodizer
- Insertion of the zirconia restorations within the affected person’s mouth by the dentist and fabrication of a protecting splint fabricated from Therapon Transpa resin.
Case made by Dr med dent Daniela Zeller and MDT Alexander Bassermann (Bern, Switzerland).
For extra info: www.zirkonzahn.com